- Key West
(X-Ray: Gale force winds are expected within 48 hours. Port remains open to all commercial traffic, but oceangoing ships and barges must report their intention to remain in port or depart. If they are departing, they must do so within 12 hours of gale-force winds.)
(Whiskey: Set when gale force winds are expected to arrive at the port within 72 hours. The rules are similar to port condition X-Ray.)
Yankee: Gale force winds predicted within 24 hours. Vessels seeking to depart must arrange immediate departure. Cargo operations must cease with 18 kilometers per hour (kph) winds. Transfer hoses must be disconnected with 22 kph winds. Ships seeking to arrive in port should seek an alternate destination.
Zulu: Gale force winds within 12 hours. The port is closed.
(SupplyChainDive.com by Emma Cosgrove)
There are many reasons to ship your belonging overseas. Shipping them may be more cost effective than the replacement costs for furniture, dishes, linens and more. Using a moving truck service may be impossible and more expensive than a shipping vessel. Having the comforts of your previous home in your brand new country can make the move less of an adjustment. Always use a reputable shipping agent, like Crown, as we can help you with all of the details and guide you toward your best personal relocation solution.
Trend #1: Focus on cyber-security
Trend #2: Making use of real-time data
Trend #3: “Internet of Things” solutions
Trend #4: Growing Customer-Centricity
Trend #5: Blockchain adoption
(World Maritime News)
- Take lots of pictures
- Leave traces (example: leave your name and date in a hidden place)
- Take a piece of your home (example: take a clipping from a favorite plant to replant in your new home)
- Throw a farewell party
- Take time to reminisce
1. Find a qualified mover like Crown
2. Get help with packing (hire a mover to pack or get friends/extended family to help)
3. Line up child care for moving days (departure and arrival)
4. Pack the kid’s room last / unpack it first
5. Don’t enforce regular rules – Keep the kids happy!
6. Moving with a newborn? One parent should handle the move and the other the baby.
7. Slow down – Give yourself time to rest between move days and travel.
(Lifehacker.com, Meghan Moravcik Walbert)