1. Find a qualified mover like Crown
2. Get help with packing (hire a mover to pack or get friends/extended family to help)
3. Line up child care for moving days (departure and arrival)
4. Pack the kid’s room last / unpack it first
5. Don’t enforce regular rules – Keep the kids happy!
6. Moving with a newborn? One parent should handle the move and the other the baby.
7. Slow down – Give yourself time to rest between move days and travel.
(Lifehacker.com, Meghan Moravcik Walbert)
To make full use of their square footage and to address the pitfalls inherent in an open plan office environment CBRE has developed Workplace360. They’ve established an environment that has a variety of workspaces both private and open which allow, “workers of all levels — not just executives — to have privacy when they need it,” said Georgia Collins, executive managing director. Departments are assigned to sections of the space and there are lockers for employees to store their belongings safely overnight. An effort has also been made to make sure each desk has basic office supplies.
The gate arrived on January 20th, a full three days before schedule. The design of the new lock will make operation in all tides possible and will allow access to the newer bulk carriers. There is interesting footage of the gate’s arrival. Keep in mind that it weighs 3,000 tons, but due to air chambers it floats.
(World Maritime News)
Setting aside the vague category of “other housing reasons”, the top three reasons for moving seem to be a new/nicer home, work related and family reasons.
While the holidays are a characteristically joyous time of year, they can also be hazardous if simple safety precautions aren’t followed. Learn from the mistakes of the naughty Christmas elf as you and your loved ones celebrate the holiday season.
- Do not use electronics near water
- Never sleep with electronics under your pillow
- Keep batteries safely stored in their packaging they can be deadly if swallowed
- Do not leave space heaters unattended when in use
- Keep decorations at least 3 feet away from any open flame
- Never play with fire
- Do not run cords under carpets, rugs, furniture, or out of windows
- Do not overload outlets
- Sometimes less is more be careful not to over decorate
- Always turn off decorations when you’re sleeping or leaving your home
- Inspect all decorations and discard any that are damaged or worn
- Keep your natural Christmas tree hydrated and water it daily
(Source: United Van Lines)
During the opening ceremony of the 44th Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Ports Association meeting, Niam Chang Meng, Chairman of Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore, focused on the importance of technology and how it is changing the industry. “Technology is disrupting and transforming the way the port industry operates – we will see more port operations being automated and in the longer term, autonomous surface vessels; changes in the global operating environment with new regulatory requirements will also play a key role in determining our effectiveness. We must address these and other challenges if we want to be relevant and compete with the rest of the world,” said Meng.
(World Maritime News)